Alluvium International (AI) is part of the Alluvium Holdings Group of companies. AI was set up in early 2016 to formalise Alluvium’s approach to working in the international market focussing on the Asia-Pacific region. It aims to draw on Alluvium’s skills and expertise to contribute to solutions to large scale and complex issues facing water resources and communities in the region.
AI works with clients such as the Asian Development Bank and Australian Water Partnership in countries such as India, Laos PDR, Myanmar, Nepal and Thailand.
Overview of role
AI is looking to hire a new staff member to be based in India (other locations may be considered for exemplary applicants). The staff member will be responsible for delivering technical inputs to AI projects as well as undertaking business development activities. It is envisaged that the chosen candidate will begin by spending a minimum of a month in Australia working at one or several Alluvium offices to understand how Alluvium operates and to build links within the business.
The chosen candidate will then be expected to be based in India (other locations in South or South-East Asia may be considered for exemplary applicants).
A guide of what the role will include is provided below:
• Delivery of technical inputs on AI projects (ranging from river science; river engineering; water resource modelling; water resources management/planning; and urban water design and strategy)
(approximately 70% of time)
• Business development including tracking and development of business opportunities; building relationships with potential partners and clients; and preparation of proposals
(approximately 30% of time)
The role requires:
• Broad understanding and skills in the field of water resources management – whilst a suitable technical focus would be an asset, the chosen candidate will need to be able and willing to work on a diverse range of projects (hydrology, geomorphology, modelling, policy analysis and advice, climate change etc.)
• Excellent communications skills – with the ability to write well in English as well as communicate and engage constructively with a broad range of clients, partners and other Alluvium staff
• Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisation abilities – the position is likely to be overseen remotely which means the chosen candidate needs to be able to work with limited oversight and support
• Shared vision and values – AI places a strong focus on trying to contribute to the sustainable development of water resources in the Indo-Pacific Region and are looking for someone who shares this vision
• Connections with in-country organisations (government, donor and private) is desirable but not essential
• Experience with bi-lateral and multi-lateral donor agencies (e.g. DFAT, Asian Development Bank, World Bank) is desirable but not essential
To apply please send a one page cover letter addressing these key requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th April 2017.
If you have any questions on the role then please contact the Alluvium International CEO, Simon Tilleard, on the above email address or +61 490 267 116