Alluvium is now recruiting into our social science area of practice. We are looking for an appropriately qualified and highly talented professional with 5-10 years of experience to:
• Take a lead role on a range of Alluvium projects that draw on the social sciences – e.g. social research methods, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, program evaluation, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, social impact assessment, policy analysis, strategy and program development, as well as stakeholder engagement and communications.
• Help build our company’s profile as leaders in the application of social science in the sustainable management of catchments, rivers and water resources.
• Capably manage a portfolio of projects ranging anywhere from $5,000 - $200,000 in value.
• Work with project teams, sub-consultants and management to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the satisfaction of our clients, and with a commitment to continuous improvement.
The position will be based in Melbourne – alternate location and part-time role considered for the right candidate.
You must be:
• Currently residing in Australia.
• Available to start work with a four week notice period.
Required skills, experience and attitude:
• Social science expertise, e.g. social research methods, qualitative and quantitative data analysis,program evaluation, monitoring and evaluation frameworks, social impact assessment, policy analysis, strategy and program development, stakeholder engagement and communications.
• Tertiary qualifications in the social sciences or closely related discipline.
• 5-10 years of professional experience.
• Advanced skills in project management.
• A strong passion to provide inspirational leadership on environmental issues and solutions.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• An eagerness to help build our social science area of practice.
• Demonstrated initiative and drive.
Desirable skills, experience and attitude:
• Prior experience in professional services consulting.
• Experience related to the sustainable management of catchments, rivers and water resources.
• Established networks within our sector.
What you need to do now:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Consultant, Social Science’ in the subject line.
• Tell us about yourself in one compelling sentence.
• Tell us why you want to work at Alluvium and what you can bring to the role (in 250 words).
• Attach your CV (maximum two pages).
• Indicate whether your preference is for a part-time or full-time role.
Applications due Friday 23 September.